Thursday 3 November 2016

Newton's Nook

Happy Thursday

As you probably know I rarely if ever enter challenges, but recently discovering the wonderful Newton's Nook Designs.  I being a mad cat lady just had to get a set or two. Today I am using a stamp set called Naughty Newton, the images are just super cute. It also has a matching die set, but I was unable to purchase this here in the UK. If you live in the UK and love the US companies I can highly recommend a company called Seven Hill Crafts for all your US stamp & Die requirements. They stock many overseas brands and provide a friendly fast service. I will definatly be spending a lot more of my crafting pennies over at their store from now on.

Newton's Nook also have a blog with tons of inspiration for you, and if you would like to enter their challenges, you can snag a FREEBIE or three from  HERE

So on to my card, the theme on their Inky Paws Challenge this time is Cozy Plaids

So armed with my new stamp set and a couple of Faber Castelle pens I created this for the challenge


I created the plaid background using a thick white and standard silver pens. Naughty Newton is coloured with distress inks and fussy cut out. You can just see in the photo the scratch lines that I masked my stamp and stamped separately just above his paws. The sentiment is also in the same set, and is cut out with an EK Success punch. The ribbon buckle and ribbon are from my stash.




Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your nice comments about my store Alex.

    Your card is adorable and reminds me of my cat when we first got her - she shred all our wallpaper!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Such an awesome card! I love the blue and orange color combo and the lovely plaid background! I'm so happy to hear you found us are are able to purchase through seven hills crafts! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete